Wednesday, August 11, 2010

100 Things Challenge

I came across a news article yesterday about a lady who decided to get rid of all of her possessions except for 100 items. I stumbled upon this blog of the man who started this challenge. I find the concept really interesting!

I really don't think that I could do it though! BUT it did inspire me to make a list of the 100 most important personal material items that I own. I thought that by writing it down it would inspire me to really think about the rest of the junk that I own and whether or not I really NEED those items!

Here is what I came up with (I am not counting things that my family owns together like furniture, dishes, etc):

Car
Laptop
Wedding Ring
Cell Phone
Glasses
Contacts
Wallet
Scrapbook Collection
PJ's
Blank Tank
White Tank
Grey Tank
Undergarments
Gym Shoes
Yoga Pants
Running Pants
Jeans (2 Pairs, Taking Up 2 Items)
Dress Pants (3 Pairs, Taking Up 3 Items)
Skirt Suit
Toothbrush
Face Wash
Lotion
Body wash/Loofah
Shampoo/Conditioner
Razor
Pumice Stone
Deodorant
Foundation
Powder
Sephora Makeup Kit
Eyeliner
Mascara
Tweezers
Burtsbees Chap Stick
Tinted Lip Gloss
Rubber Band
Head Band
Brush
Blow Dryer
Hair Straightener
Nail Polish
Polish Remover
Cotton Balls
Planner Notebook
Camera
Flip Flops (2 Pairs, Taking Up 2 Items)
Winter Boots
Black Flats
Black High Heel Boots
Black Hoodie
Light Jacket
Linen Pants
Black Dress
Grey Scarf
Wedding Dress (boxed)
Magazine Subscription
Floss
Wax (candles)
Partylite Trio Candle Holders
Christmas Decorations
Halloween Decorations
School Years Momento Box
Ipod
T-Shirt
Sweatshirt
Yoga Matt
Shirt (I'd Keep At Least 7, Taking Up 7 Items)
Suitcase
Bobby Pins
Shorts
Childhood Blanket
Hair Gel
Fingernail Clippers
Recipe Box
Cookie Cutter Set
Paint Supplies
Compact Mirror
Silver Cuff Bracelet
Winter Coat
Sigg Water Bottle
Travel Coffee Mug
Stationary
Gloves
Make-Up Bag
Movie Collection
Blue Beaded Necklace
Teddy Bear (husband gave me when I had our son)
Blouse (2, Taking Up 2 Items)

So there you have it, my 100 top items I own :) The rest of my material possessions better watch out because my next list is going to be of the things that this list has inspired me to get rid of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails